According to the report of ICT Research & Consulting, the number of total registered SNS users in Japan is 42.89 million by the end of 2011.
It was 58.6% growth compared with year-earlier period, and the number of SNS user in Japan will be expected to reach 56.43 million by the end of 2014.
Twitter, Facebook, Mixi, Mobage, GREE, Google+, Ping(Apple) are SNS service that commonly used in Japan, and each their customer satisfactions are as following:
#1 Twitter 60.7 pt
#2 Mixi 57.6 pt
#3 Facebook 56.6 pt
#3 Google+ 56.6 pt
#5 Mobage 54.8 pt
#6 GREE 51.4 pt
#7 Ping 49.5 pt
The report of SNS usage frequency in a week is as following:
- 10times/day 15.1%
- 5~9times/day 16.8%
- 1~4times/day 32.2%
- 1time/month 16.0%
- rare to use 20.0%
Finally, this is an utilization status of Ad in SNS.
- click Ads a time per a day, and reference to the purchase 4.4%
- click Ads a time per a week, and reference to the purchase 10.8%
- click Ads a time per a month, but does not affect to the purchase 19.8%
- does not click Ads, but look at that 31.8%
- does not click Ads, and not even look at that 33.1%
SNS users in Japan has certainly increased. But from the point of view gaining a new user and profit, it may be expected they will have a tough fight this year too.
Original article => ICT Research & Consulting Inc.